What is the Gospel?
The Hallows Church desires to be a gospel-centered and -saturated community. We want all people to understand the gospel and many people to believe the gospel. If you have questions related to the gospel and your relationship with God, please contact us at 206.428.7644 or email@example.com.
For further reflection on the gospel, please consider the following elements and biblical passages:
- 1. The character of God (Romans 1:18-20, 2:1-16, 3:22-24, Isaiah 43:6-7):
- 2. The sinfulness of humanity (Romans 1:21-25, 3:9-20, 3:23, 6:23):
We are each created by God and for God, but we are all corrupted by sin which separates us from God. Therefore, we must honestly admit our sin to God and repent.
- 3. The sufficiency of Christ (Romans 3:21-26, 4:25, 5:6-10, 5:18, 8:1-4):
Jesus Christ alone is able to remove our sin, satisfy God’s wrath, and reconcile us to God through His death. Therefore, we must recognize our helplessness to be reconciled with God apart from Jesus Christ.
- 4. The necessity of faith (Romans 1:17, 3:20-31, 4:22-25, 6:11-14, 8:10-11, 10:9-13):
Only through faith in Jesus are we reconciled to God. Therefore, we trust in Jesus as Savior and Lord.
- 5. The urgency of eternity (John 3:14-16, 36, John 10:27-30, 17:3, 1 Timothy 1:16-17, Hebrews 9:12, 1 John 5:11-13):
Our eternal destiny is dependent on our response to Jesus. Therefore, we cry out to God to forgive us our sins, put our faith in Jesus Christ, and confess him as Savior and Lord.